Job Category: North America
People to Hire: 1
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
The Demand Planning Manager is responsible for all forecasting associated with customers and products in North America. This role oversees the creation, maintenance, and ongoing reporting of forecast models (e.g. sales forecast and demand planning forecast) for Ecovacs Robotics customers throughout North America, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailers, 3PL warehouses and other 3rd parties, and other sources. This is an individual contributor role.
• Create, manage, measure and continually improve the analytic forecasting process.
• Manage and maintain data integrity as it relates to Demand Planning and Forecasting, including customer master, item cross-reference, pricing discrepancies, etc..
• Prepare and present reports and data that will be used in the forecast review process; part of the Sales and Operations Planning process (S&OP).
• Prepare and present ongoing Sales Forecast and Demand Plan forecasts.
• Perform statistical analyses with market knowledge and modeling expertise to identify patterns within the data, uncover insights and articulate actionable recommendations.
• Provide data on sales variability, forecast accuracy and future forecasts that are used in setting safety stocks and inventory planning parameters. Identify and report on any significant variances between forecasted sales and the organization’s budgets and business plans.
• Develop and provide ongoing reporting of KPIs for measuring process/sub-process performance and present performance trends and program improvements to senior management. Provide recommendations for action plans if improvements are needed.
• Manage exceptions caused by significant, unexpected events in sales and operations.
• Drive continuous improvement in forecasting by keeping abreast of new company products and services / roadmaps. Review, develop and implement process and procedures to improve operational efficiency, which includes collaboration with other departments for improved productivity. May also include evaluation of forecasting systems / tools.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Integrity, leadership, and outstanding team skills. Build and maintain effective communication and working relationships while work cross-functionally with an engaging work style
• Self-motivated, self-starter, passionate, team players with a “can do” attitude. High level of initiative and assertiveness.
• Think strategically and execute tactically.
• Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills, resulting in action oriented recommendations. Persistent attention to detail, and a high level of comfort working in numbers.
• Ability to understand multiple aspects of the business.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Ability to work within tight deadlines.
• Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
• Bachelor’s degree required, and a minimum of 5 years of experience in Demand Planning, preferably in Consumer Electronics.
• Track record of demonstrated Key Competencies of the role.
• Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills are required for interacting at all levels within the organization
• Strong analytical skills. Experience in analyzing numerical data trends, statistical education is advantageous.
• Advanced proficiency in applications including Microsoft Excel
• Experience leading an ongoing Sales & Operations Planning process (experience establishing/implementing a process preferred).
• Demonstrated proficiency utilizing ERP systems.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.