DEEBOT OZMO T8 Family Products Firmware Upgrade Notification
During recent routine product testing and inspection procedures, the company discovered a firmware issue for our DEEBOT OZMO T8 Family products(including DEEBOT OZMO T8 AIVI, DEEBOT OZMO T8, DEEBOT OZMO T8+, and DEEBOT T8).There is a chance that some users who are using their DEEBOTs without upgrading to the latest version of the firmware may encounter issues. As a result, the DEEBOT may not be able to clean normally during September and October 2020.
The company has quickly upgraded the firmware to solve the potential problem.Users should follow the instructions provided and upgrade the firmware using the ECOVACS HOME App and users will be able once again to enjoy the product’s full features. We sincerely apologize to any users who may be affected.
If you need further assistance, please contact ECOVACS Customer Support at https://www.ecovacs.com/global/support/contact-us
Q1: Will all DEEBOT OZMO T8 Family products be affected?
A1: Only some of the DEEBOT OZMO T8 Family products whose firmware without being upgraded may be affected.
Q2: Which products in theDEEBOT OZMO T8 Familymay be affected?
A2: 1) For the DEEBOT OZMO T8 AIVI, if the existing firmware version is before 1.9.1 (excluding 1.9.1), it may be affected; however, firmware versions 1.4.5, 1.4.8, 1.5 .0, 1.5.3, 1.5.7 will not be affected.
2) For DEEBOT OZMO T8, DEEBOT OZMO T8+, and DEEBOT T8, if the existing firmware version is before 1.5.2 (excluding 1.5.2), it maybe affected.
Q3: Where can I check my current firmware version of DEEBOT OZMO T8 Family products?
A3: To find the current firmware version as follows:
1) Open ECOVACS HOME App
2) Select DEEBOT OZMO T8 AIVI (or DEEBOT OZMO T8/ DEEBOT OZMO T8+/ DEEBOT T8) in the device list to enter the main interface; if it is the DEEBOT OZMO T8 AIVI, select "Smart Clean" to enter the main interface.
3) Click the three small dots in the upper right corner of the main interface to enter the "More" page.
4) Select "Other".
5) Select “DEEBOT Information”.
6) From the "Firmware Version" column, you can check the current version of the firmware.
Q4: How do I upgrade the firmware version on my DEEBOT OZMO T8 Family products?
A4: You only need to connect your DEEBOT OZMO T8 Family product to the ECOVACS HOME App and then enter the DEEBOT function page in the App. You will receive a notification about the firmware upgrade and you will then need to press the “Update” button and wait until the whole process is completed.
Q5: How do I connect my DEEBOT OZMO T8 Family products to ECOVACS HOME App?
A5: Below are detailed steps for connecting the App. If you have any questions throughout the process, please connect ECOVACS Customer Support at https://www.ecovacs.com/global/support/contact-usfor further information.
1) Scan the QR code under the cover of DEEBOT, and download the ECOVACS HOME App. After successful registration and login, click the scan button in the upper right corner of the page and press "Add Robot".
2) After entering the WI-FI password, click "Next".
3) After switching on the DEEBOT, press the "Network Configuration" button on the robotic vacuum cleaner to hear "Ready for Network Setup", then click "Next". You must hear this sentence before you click “Next”, otherwise the connection will not be successful.
4) If the page for connecting the phone to the ECO suffix name appears, click “To Connect”. This page does not appear on some Android phones. If this is the case, then just jump to the next page, where you will see a message (on some models) that will read "Network connection unavailable, do you want to switch?", you then need to click "Don't Switch".
5) The robot will start to automatically configure the network and you will hear a voice prompt that says, "The DEEBOT is connected to the mobile phone ".
6) After the network configuration is successful, click "Start Experience" to enter the network-connected product list. Then click “DEEBOT OZMO T8 AIVI” (or DEEBOT OZMO T8/ DEEBOT OZMO T8+/ DEEBOT T8), to enter the app function page.
Q6: Can I send my DEEBOT OZMO T8 Family product to an ECOVACS Repair Center for a further check-up?
A6: Yes, you can. You can find the closest repair center by connecting ECOVACS Customer Support at https://www.ecovacs.com/global/support/contact-us